Everyone wants to know what I can eat. I get questions and e-mails all the time. What can you eat? How did you do it? How in the world did you lose over 110 pounds?
First, I want to reiterate that although my healthy diet has worked for me, I cannot guarantee scientifically or medically that it will work for you. I've had to tailor my eating very specifically to my body's needs. Do the research, as I did, and you will find what will be healthy for you.
At first this new way of eating was hard. I thought I could not do it. I wondered what I would be able to eat. It seemed like nothing! That’s what I thought and it’s probably what you’re thinking too. But discovering what foods I could and couldn’t eat has changed my life. God has changed my life through my new “healthy” lifestyle and through the marvelous doctors my husband and I found who knew immediately what was killing me and the immediate and major changes I needed to make in the foods I ate .
But, thank you, Lord! Now I’m healthy, and I’m flourishing at the “tender” age of sixty-eight, feeling better than I have felt since I was twenty-nine years old! And it’s all because of what I eat and the supplements I take.
Here is a sample of foods I eat.
My Favorite “Safe” Foods
· Chicken boiled in water or chicken broth (We also love roasted chicken cooked with olive oil, Jane’s Krazy Mixed-Up Salt, and coated in almond or coconut flour.)
· Chicken strips cooked in a frying pan with real butter, Krazy Salt, and paprika (This is very good!)
· Chicken baked in oven with Kraft Original barbecue sauce (Note: I have to be very careful with barbecue sauce, because most of it has soy or soybean oil in it—this one does not.)
· Hamburger patty cooked in frying pan with just a little extra virgin olive oil, a little water to keep it from drying out, and Krazy Salt
· I order hamburger patties in restaurants, specifying that I don’t want bread. From time to time, they have mixed up my order and brought out a burger with bread on it, then suggested that they take it off. I tell them no, I cannot eat the burger after it has been on a bun; they have to cook me another, or they will have a sick customer.
· I stir-fry hamburger meat or turkey meat mixed with water until water is cooked out. Then, I add Rotel tomatoes (mild), a frozen bag of mixed vegetables, a little tomato juice and tomato sauce, and then mix it with leftover Uncle Ben’s cooked rice. This is really good! We eat it in a bowl with a piece of toast made from Pamela's gluten-free homemade bread.
Homemade chicken salad and fruit. Yummy!
We need to take care of ourselves on busy days when we often feel like we don't have the time to stop and eat. Below is my favorite smoothie for a quick nutritional infusion when I’m making wreaths or filming videos and have very little time to prepare meals.
Start with about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of almond milk, cashew milk or rice milk.
Add a handful of frozen blueberries
Half to a whole frozen banana
A couple of leaves of bok choy or spinach
One scoop of protein powder (I like Sunwarrior Classic Protein Powder found on Amazon)
Mix all ingredients in a Magic Bullet or blender and enjoy!
If you have extra, sit your cup in the freezer and eat your slushy with a spoon later.